Call us at 877-725-4666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9 am- 5 pm, Monday- Friday (closed for UW holidays)
Perinatal PCL is a free, state-funded program providing perinatal mental health consultation, recommendations and referrals for Washington state providers caring for pregnant or postpartum patients.
Providers outside of Washington state can call the PSI Perinatal Psychiatric Consultation Line. Washington state providers can also call related psychiatry consultation lines for providers caring for adult patients and providers caring for adolescent patients.
How does it work?
- Call 877-725-4666 (PAL4MOM) or email email@example.com non holiday weekdays 9am – 5pm
- Complete a brief intake
- Consult with a UW perinatal psychiatrist (usually immediately, or within 1 business day)
- Receive written documentation of recommendations and resources
Who can call?
Any provider in Washington State who cares for pregnant or postpartum patients.
What kind of questions can I call about?
We consult on any behavioral health-related questions for patients who are pregnant or planning pregnancy, in the first year postpartum, or who have pregnancy-related complications (e.g. pregnancy loss, infertility). Topics may include:
- Depression, anxiety, other psychiatric disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder), or co-occurring substance use disorders
- Pregnancy loss, complications, or difficult life events
- Weighing risks and benefits of psychiatric medication
- Non-medication treatments
- Local resources & referrals
- Guidance on implementing mental health screening at your workplace
Who provides the telephone consultation?
Faculty members in the UW Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences with expertise in perinatal mental health.
Learn more through the Perinatal PCL flier.