At this time, we are no longer accepting applications. Our 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 clinical fellowship positions have been filled.
The University of Washington Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences offers two fellowship opportunities providing psychiatrists with advanced training in Women’s Mental Health, with an emphasis on perinatal psychiatry. The first, our Women’s Mental Health clinical fellowship, is a 12-month program including clinical rotations, didactics, and scholarly projects (see description below).
The second involves participation in the department’s 2-year National Research Service Award (NRSA) Primary Care/Behavioral Health Integration Fellowship, with a focus on perinatal mental health services research. The goal of this fellowship program is to train future academic leaders in primary care/mental health integration research. The program includes mentored research, coursework at the UW School of Public Health, the option of completing a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, and up to 20% clinical training in women’s/perinatal mental health. For more information about this fellowship and how to apply, please see: Primary Care Psychiatry/Behavioral Health Integration Fellowship – Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences (uw.edu)
Both fellowships take advantage of the department’s strengths in collaborative care, consultation, and perinatal mental health.
Women’s Mental Health Clinical Fellowship
The 12-month clinical fellowship includes the following clinical rotations, didactics, and projects:
Core Clinical Rotations:
- Perinatal Psychiatry specialty clinic
- Consultation to high-risk Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Primary Care Clinics
- Perinatal telepsychiatry
- Experience as a psychiatric consultant within perinatal collaborative care
- Training in advanced psychopharmacology and evidence-based psychotherapies during preconception, pregnancy, and the postpartum period
- Perinatal addictions
- Telephone consultation with our statewide Perinatal Psychiatry Consultation Line for health care providers
- Experience in our VA women’s mental health and trauma clinics, including assessment, medication treatment, and evidence-based psychotherapy for PTSD
- Women’s Mental Health
- Shared Integrated Care didactics with Integrated Care, Addiction, and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellows
- Education, quality improvement or research projects
Email us to learn more!